martes, 3 de enero de 2012

Common fonts


Common fonts used for newspaper design


I recently had the opportunity to take the lead on a redesign the Woolwich Observer. Knowing how many details would need ironing out, simply getting started seemed overwhelming.
First thing was first … I got myself a latte.
Coffee in hand, I began to obliterate a helpless piece of paper with disjointed notes and sketches outlining the many tasks that lay ahead. Selecting headline and body fonts was at the top of my to-do list. Sounds fun! Right?
After an hour of scanning through countless typefaces, my latte was gone, along with my enthusiasm for the redesign and my will to live. I decided to try a different approach.
I scoured the web to find out what other publications were doing. Here are some of my favourite fonts that are commonly used in newspaper design. (Click on the font title for a preview)



News Design Com / Newspaper http://www.newsdesigns.com/newspaper-design/typography/common-fonts-used-for-newspaper-design/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada

Comentario, frase celebre, pregunta, enlace interesante, sugerencia, etc.